Lent 2017


I have been thinking about this a lot lately and what I should do for Lent.  I am notorious for going overboard and failing too soon in am ambitious goals.

So this year I wanted to take a step back and do something truly meaningful and something that will bring me closer to God and to those I love.

Over at the Blessed Is She community the theme for this year is Put on Love.  This struck me very deeply and I have been watching their instal-stories where people share ways they put on love everyday.



I realized that there is so much more I can do.

Saint Pope John Paul II said, "As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.”  When I read that quote I knew that this Lent I was going to really focus on taking care of my family and my home.  I want to make sure that the relationships we have our being nourished, by me, every day in a myriad of ways.

I have been feeling as though I have been that mean mom lately and I also feel that a lot of things have been let go around the house with illness and busyness.  So for the next 40 days, my goal is to make more time for those I love and to work on creating a more loving home for my family.

It will be a conscious effort, not just something I do, but something I strive to do. 



I will let you know how it goes over the next few weeks and share with you some of the ways in which I plan to PUT ON LOVE for those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...