Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ January 26, 2015


Outside my window...
It is nasty out there.  Foggy and gray.  I am hoping that by afternoon it will clear up.  We have had some gorgeous days lately, but the mornings... the mornings are not very inspiring.

I am thankful for...
Answered prayers!  We have been praying hard for a few things for a few years and it seems like things might actually be coming around.  It makes me nervous just saying that!  Better not jinx anything!

I am thinking about...
5Ks!  I am all sorts of planning.  I belong to this great group of ladies from my church and we have been making all sorts of plans.  It has really been inspiring and helpful in making me feel like anything is possible.  So I am just a click away from signing up for a local 5K and a Color Run in May.  There might be tutus involved.  It was my fault.  I made a joke and now I think it might be exactly what we do.

I am also thinking a lot about school.  This is the time of year I need to plan for next year!  I try to get school books with our tax returns, so I have to think through what we need and what the charter school can buy for us!

 
From the kitchen...
Paleo all the time.  There are days where this feels so hard, and others like it is perfect.  I am seeing great results.  I feel better, my allergies are better, I have more energy, and best of all my appetite is diminished.  I am still trying to conquer that evil sweet tooth.  Even Paleo treats should be eaten in moderation!

We have also discovered some of the kids seem to be doing better too.  I have not cut milk and cheese from their diet, but wheat free has really made a huge difference.  They only eat rice and oats for breakfast during the week, otherwise they are grain free too.

I am creating...
I just finished a great Tin Can Knits pattern.  It is called Flax and now I am working on the matching hat.  All for Theo's birthday!  I will share soon, promise!

I am praying for...
Being such a large family and living on one income has been a challenge and it isn't getting easier.  I have been praying about this a lot and hoping for God to open some doors for us.

I am also praying for a few wonderful and inspiring friends who have asked me for prayers.  Will you join me in praying for Kelly and Sarah?

I am reading...
More than I have time for!  I am in a book group and trying to get inspired and educated in running.  The top two books right now are A Confident Heart Devotional: 60 Days to Stop Doubting Yourself and Running Like a Girl: Notes on Learning to Run.
 
I am hearing...
Emma Thompson.

Sofia has been listening to the Peter Rabbit series by Emma Thompson over and over again all morning.  We have the three books The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Spectacular Tale of Peter Rabbit, and The Christmas Tale of Peter Rabbit.  Each comes with a fantastic disc with Emma Thompson actually reading the stories, complete with accents and fantastic voices!  The kids are in love with them!


Around the house...
We are preparing today for Theo's third birthday.  When did my little Teddy Bear get so big?  Sigh.  As soon as I am done here I am going to go make a gluten free cake.  There will be sugar, so I will only have a teeny slice.  Maybe.  Maybe I am strong enough to say no?  Hmmmm....

One of my favorite things...
Lists.  I love lists.  i have been making tons of them lately.  Lists about goals, lists about school, lists about books I want to read, and patterns I want to knit... it is endless.


A few plans this week...
Birthday!
School!  I don't want to get behind!
Haircuts for the younger kids
The first Boy Scout meeting for Liam!  We are so excited!
And a lot more I probably forgot...

A few picture thoughts...
Just a few weeks ago Mary went to her first school dance.  Seeing as she is homeschooled, it obviously wasn't hosted by us.  She was invited by a friend of hers who goes to the local Catholic high school.



Ok, when did she get so grown up looking?  Huh?  huh?

We had a really hard time finding her a dress, so I opened up the cedar chest and she wore my prom dress.  The same one I wore my senior year when I went with Tony.
I MISS the hair.  Big hair is cool, people.
If you remember, they worked on the 1st place short film Winfield directed for the Oregon Right to life contest. 



Hoping you all have a wonderful and blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...