Amy Caroline's Daybook ~ October 15, 2012


Outside my window...
It is rather dark out there right now, but we finally got the rain I have been longing for.  I have been rather torn about wanting it to come, as I get to feeling very dry when we go so long without it, but it doesn’t make for very good bike rides, either.

I am thankful for...
So much.  This week is going to be a huge week, as we reach a major milestone.  We will have another adult in the house!

I am thinking about...
I am thinking a lot about Rose right now.  She is turning 18 and registering to take her GED test this week.  She has to take the GED in order to get financial aid (new laws). 

Look at that monster!  Study time!
From the kitchen...
Since Rose is our gluten free baker, I am going to have to step up the plate for her birthday and bake something.  Wish me luck!


I am creating...
I am almost done with Buttercup’s Sunday Sweater, but I didn’t have the right DPNs to finish the sleeves.  I swear I had those sizes before… DPNs always go missing around here, sigh.  And considering how many babies are in the house that is kind of scary. 
Maybe the couch eats them.
So I started on Bear’s sweater while I wait for the yarn store to open today, so I can get what I need.  I won’t be able to do the sleeves on Bear’s sweater without them either!

I am praying for...
The kids and I have been working on monthly lists for prayer intentions.  We wanted to make sure we never forgot anything important.  This month we are praying for my little one’s teacher who has been having some health issues but along with some other family and friends we have been praying for this family in particular, who is almost to the end of a very hard time, waiting for their soldier to come home.


I am hearing...
Hubby is getting ready for work.  He rides his bike in every day now and I am wondering how much longer that is going to last with weather changing.  I hope he will be able to keep it up.  It is such a good thing for him and our pocketbook!

Around the house...
We have some runny noses around here.  Which stinks.  Hoping we will all be well for Rose’s birthday!

One of my favorite things...
Our Rain Dance 2008... Seems just like yesterday.
Who gave these kids permission to grow up so fast?

Rain.  It hasn’t rained here since July, and having grown up in the Seattle area, I really enjoy a good downpour.  I get to feel dry and icky when it doesn’t rain for very long.  So call me crazy, I love rain.  I have been known to make my kids go outside on the first rain after summer is over and dance. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Last week of this sessions swim lessons (hope everyone is well enough to go!)
Rose’s 18th birthday
Flute Lessons
GED Registration
And so much more…

A few picture thoughts...


This is a picture of my brother (the one in the middle up there) selling popcorn in his youth and Rogue selling popcorn this weekend out in front of a local grocery store.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...