|Still waiting for those bangs to grow out, lol|
C Handwriting Sheet
When we do our sheet, beside tracing with our finger and then with a pencil (or crayon) while saying the sound, we also talk about words that start with C. See how many things they can come up with!
Some of Our C Books:
|Our basket had a makeover!|
C Week was all about CARING. No, and not just for me, although there was plenty of that. This week we decided to make a care package for the kid's cousin, Andrew, who is serving our military in Afganistan.
This is still something you could do, even if you don't know someone who is serving our country in a dangerous place. Many soliders aren't lucky enough to have a large family who sends them things they not only need but things to bring up their morale and remind them that they are appreciated by so many!
Here are a few orgainizations that will help you support your military serving far from home and in dangerous places:
Support Our Troops
Andrew sent a list of things he wanted, like my niece said, basically diabetes in a box. I figured if anyone deserved a bunch of junk food it was him! It isn't like he isn't going to work it all off. So here are some of the things we got him (do you see a pattern):
- Chicken in a Biskit
- Lucky Charms
- Charmin toilet paper
- Chapstick (not really chapstick, but I thought this brand might be more manly)
|Sorry, Bear, those aren't for you!|
More ways to CARE:
- There are other ways to help too. Why not have a lemonade stand and donate the profits to a needy charity.
- A local man collects cans and uses all the money to buy sleeping bags for the homeless.
- Make a care package for the homeless
- Volunteer time at your local homeless shelter or a veteran's hospital
Some other fun things you can do:
- Field Trip to a nearby cheese or chocolate factory (this was part of my original plan, but because I was so sick we missed out on this fun -- maybe later!)
- Learn to Crochet
- Visit Crater Lake
- Make Candles
C Week Tea:
Lily and Rose put this all together for me, bless their hearts!
- Cinnamon Toast
- Celery with Chocolate (it was actually Nutella)
- Warm milk with a sprinkle of cinnamon